Saturday, September 13, 2008

Much Better...

So Friday afternoon the phone rang, and it was Taylor's teacher letting me know that she would be coming home with yet another conduct slip... but she explained a lot of things to me and I was able to tell her my frustrations, and all in all I feel much better! Thanks for all of your wonderful advice- you guys are the best! Here is Taylor with her new favorite thing- her soccer ball. And the next pic is Cooper in his new big boy bed. At first he was kinda scared of it, but now he loves it! (His room seems so tiny now!!) And he seems so big! I'm not sure how I feel about that...
Well, Ike blew through and it wasn't as bad as some had speculated. But I did get to see something pretty cool- I was sitting in the family room and I saw this HUGE gust of wind just pick up the BBQ and flip it around the backyard!! It was awesome! Our power went out for a "couple or few" hours and that wasn't too much fun. (Think changing diapers with a flashlight...) And the filter in the fish tank (obviously) wasn't working during that time so we had to have a fish funeral when it was all said and done. Poor Cade had to leave right in the middle of it to drive to work- I felt so bad for him! So for those who were so sweet to worry about us, WE ARE ALL GOOD!!

5 comments:

Marci said...

I am glad you got to talk to the teacher! Taylor and Cooper look so cute. I love how Taylor didn't want anyone to steal her spot, that is priceless!

Carreira's Corner said...

it is great you spoke with tay's teacher - i hope now she is aware of just how amazingly remarkable our girl is. it is so hard when your babies start having social problems - just remember she is the one who is incredible and smart and extraordinary and beautiful and ...... just like her daddy and momma.
we can't wait to see taylor in action on the soccer field! we really miss ya'll - cooper has got to have the BEST smile i have ever seen! he is getting sooo big - like you i don't know how i fell about that.
you guys have the most amazing family and we love you and miss you so much! take care of the important things and remember to let the little stuff go!
love you!!!!!!!

Christian and Jennifer said...

I meant to post this like 5390 years ago, but we are glad Ike didn't hit you too badly. We are loving your blog and all of the cute pictures. You've got an incredible family.

Sherrie said...

Amy,

I am glad that you talked with the teacher. Taylor is a wonderful girl! I totally know how you feel about having your child act a totally different way then you are use to them.

I hope this last week went better for you! Also glad to hear that Ike was nice to you guys. We had some friends in Houston and things aren't so lucky there.

Miss ya
Sherrie

The Roberts Rollercoaster RIde said...

I LOVE Taylor! I hate when teachers take things too far. I hope it gets better soon! We could compare some stories about Syd's first few weeks too.
P.S. The primary program was a total success. Everyone loved it. Get better! ;)