Sunday, October 26, 2008


BOO! We love Halloween! I guess there are the obvious reasons- candy corn, pumpkin guts, Cade having a valid reason to scare the crap out of the kids, you know. So we added a new one this year- the white trash Halloween blow-up in front of the house! The kids go CRAZY over it! We took the munchkins to BOO at the Zoo and they were hilarious.

Taylor just kept saying, "This is the best day of my life!" (Which she also said last Wednesday because I let her take Mac and Cheese to school for lunch, and two nights ago when I let her sleep with the super ultra mega bright night light.) Cooper spent the evening protecting his plastic pumpkin and looking for the tiger, and Lincoln spent the whole time sneaking anything chocolate into his cheeks. (Subsequently, Cade spent the evening fishing foil wrappers out of his chompers.) It was a blast! And the kids fell asleep on the way home so Cade and I got to eat the "good" candy out of their loot! What more can you ask for?

8 comments:

Marci said...

love the white trash halloween blow up!

Christian and Jennifer said...

I love it, too! This post was hilarious. Thanks for the laugh tonight. We are already plotting the stealing of the "good" candy from our kids after Trunk or Treat this coming weekend.

Amanda said...

Halloween always reminds me of you guys! Remember our murder mystery? Fun times! Miss you! Hope you had a great birthday!

The Roberts Rollercoaster RIde said...

Thanks for the laugh. Your family cracks me up!!
I love Coopers hugh, scary smile in that pic!!

The Koenig Family said...

Too funny--loved the part about the white trash blow up in the yard....your looks great. I bet the kids LOVE it. What are the kids dressing up as?

Angel said...

ummm just so you know Taylor said it was the best day of her life when I picked her up from school a few weeks ago so don't try to de-throne me with your dippy 'boo at the zoo' crap...I am the best day of Taylor's life. end of story!

Carreira's Corner said...

ms angel
i beg to differ - the best day in taylor's life would unquestionably have to do with something regarding her beloved mimi!!!lol - i love the white trash halloween blow up as well - check out cade - doing what??? texting of course.
love to you all!!!! mimi

Kate said...

Ike asked for better halloween decor for his birthday...i am pathetic!! So, we headed to target, and came home with something that totally trumps your white trash blow up....a fog machine and strobe light...so beat that...I will let you know how it goes with the big premier tomorrow...It is so fun keeping up with you...sorry no blog for us..just one more thing I would get behind with!! Kate (ps tell rebecca to call me...we want to meet the new fellow..he needs our stamp of approval don't you think?)