Sunday, May 3, 2009

Kiddos

So- Link is two now, and WAY too big to still be in a crib, yet I don't have the energy/will power/heart to put my baby boy in a bed. He is such a great sleeper!! Why would I ever do that to myself? (ok- so it IS really all about me) But come on- I put him down when he's totally awake (bedtime and naptime) and he doesn't even cry! He sleeps througth the night, and in the morning do you think he lays in there and cries for me to come and get him? NO! He plays and talks to himself until my lazy bones ( I mean- my bright, sunshine morning face) gets around to going in his room. What am I going to do in 10 weeks when I need that crib for little baby girl?!?!?
My sweet, funny Cooper! Ok- so on Easter weekend we had an egg hunt (of course) and after the treats had all been found the kiddos went inside to open all of the eggs and check out all of their goods. Taylor opened all of the eggs, gathered her candy together and organized them into piles (don't know where she got that from...). Lincoln sat in his highchair and started just shoving things into his mouth as fast as he could- wrapper and all. And Cooper just sat at the table and watched. He didn't want to open his eggs. He knew there was candy inside of them, but he refused to open any of them. (and believe me, Cade and I both tried to help, and our help was not wanted!) And almost a month later, they are sitting nice and safe in a giant zip lock bag in the pantry, still unopened....
Taylor had "rock star day" at school about a week ago, and we had some fun with it! (hey- any day that's not Halloween that you can spray color in your hair, I'm all for!- except I think I was high like half of the morning after that.... I don't know, it's all a blurr....) :) So we went for it! It was totally fun, and she even got her picture in the paper! (don't worry Mom, I bought an extra copy for you!)


2 comments:

Park 5th Ward Sisters said...

How cute are they? So fun! Love the rock star look! That's so funny Lincoln didn't eat his Easter candy--wish my kids didn't inhale theirs like it was air! I know what you mean about the crib thing--but it's not that bad--if he's a good sleeper now I'm sure he'll be fine in a big boy bed! You're in the home stretch now for baby #4--hope all goes well! Any names?

Amanda said...

Sorry! That last one was me--I forgot to sign out of my other blog!