Friday, August 22, 2008

Family Fun

So, what do you do when you want to spend a fun family day together, you're broke, and it's 107 degrees outside? Oh yeah- and everyone is sick of going to the pool. You drink 5 gallons of Gatorade, suck it up, and go to the zoo! And what do you know... it was fun! Nice hats, right?! I have made fun of Cade for almost 10 years now about that yellow hat, and I have secretly tried to throw it away countless times because I had NEVER seen him wear it! So I was making fun of him (I'm so nice) and we were all calling him the "man with the yellow hat" and asking him were George was, and how curious he really was, and- you get it. And I swear that when we went over to the monkeys there was this little one that started to go CRAZY! Jumping all over the place, swinging on the ropes, banging on the window, throwing food, you name it! And so I vowed never to make fun of that stupid yellow hat again.


4 comments:

Marci said...

Love the Hats! Miss you guys!

Amanda said...

How Fun! We haven't been to the zoo forever--maybe we'll go! It's starting to cool down here--only 85 today! Yay! I can't wait for summer to be over--I'm sure you are too with 107 days!

Anonymous said...

Do you think that Cade could ever part with the yellow hat? We love crazy monkeys- we spend at least 50 percent of our time at the zoo in front of the monkeys! The hat would be an added bonus!!!

Dan Haring said...

That's awesome. I'd still make fun of him for the hat though. I can't believe how big your kids are getting. That's crazy. Is Taylor excited for school? Do you guys feel old now?